Monday, February 16, 2009

Biggest Challenge for me...

Photobucket

This cake was my biggest challenge ever! I made it for some very special twins and their parents! There is not one thing on this cake that isn't edible... except for the cup... the inside of the cup is painted with white chocolate, stuffed with marshmallows and then fondant on top. It was for a "Milk and Cookies" birthday party. The cake was made to replicate the invitation made by the very special Mommy! Even the plate is made of fondant!
We had a grand time at the party and I was able to do over 230 photographs (STILL EDITING) and then a family photo shoot back at their house. Yes, it was quite a busy time... the cake was approximately a three day project... the cookies were made of fondant and then chocolate chunks were placed in and on each cookie. So... if I'm not reading blogs... I'm taking pics and baking cakes :)

7 comments:

Pernilla said...

WOW! this is amazing Hils!!! Whenever you decide to come over and visit, let's make it December so you can make my daughters' cakes!!! I am amazed!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That is the most beautiful, perfect cake I think I have ever seen. I don't even think I could eat that! It is too nice to eat!

And I am sure the pictures do not need much editing because I have seen your photography and it is FABULOUS!!

Staci said...

wow! Great job!!!!

Cameron said...

I second everyones' comments. Picture Perfect! I am sure they LOVED it!

Sara said...

You're very talented! Wonderful job!!

Meg said...

Oh, wow! That is awesome!!!

Jessica Crawford said...

Amazing! I love watching the Ace of Cakes show and this is just like one of their cakes!