Sunday, February 28, 2010

How to get "FREE" clothes...

I was able to score a ton of clothes the other week for "free." I say "free" because this does cost time but not money. The Mr. and I use MyPoints. MyPoints requires a bit of time. You have to click on links that are sent to your inbox and for each link you receive 5 points. For each survey you complete, you can earn up to 60 points, you even get 10 points if you don't qualify. There are several other ways to earn points: purchase through their website ( you go to MyPoints, look for your merchant, click the link and order your items and then you will receive so many points per dollar spent), print grocery coupons through their website and earn points for each coupon redeemed or simply do online searches and receive points.

So... how did I score clothes? The Mr. and I "cashed in" our points for $100 worth of Old Navy gift cards. I went to the St. Louis Mommy website (you don't have to live in the St. Louis area to get the Old Navy coupon advice) and click on Old Navy. She will tell you how to find the hidden coupons on the Old Navy website. We printed a $15 off a $75 dollar purchase coupon.
Next, off to Old Navy we go..... It just so happened that the weekend we went to Old Navy it was 50% off all clearance prices. SCORE!!!!! We were able to fill a huge bag of clothes at the checkout and walked away with $33.00 remaining on the gift card. We did buy some clothes for the Fall 2010 season. If you have the room for storage, this is a great opportunity. Plus, it was the "FUNdamentals" sale (which is still going on this weekend)... that helped tremendously. Think about "timeless" choices such as polos or plain colored shorts, jeans, etc. Trendy clothes will come and go but some of the classic items will work for quite some time. Layering is in style... grab some polos and put a long sleeve T-shirt underneath to keep the kids warm ;).
If you don't know how to sign up for MyPoints... I would gladly send you the link. You can build a group of people and earn points from them as they earn points... send me an email and I can link you up to the "FREE" stuff. My email: hils12ac@yahoo.com

If you feel you don't have time for this, think about the amount of time you spend on Facebook, Farmville, etc... it WILL pay off... I have been doing this for years now. I am a stay-at-home mom and this is my little contribution money wise.

1 comment:

Leo Rondeau said...

I've been using mypoints since 1998 and have gotten hundreds of dollars in gift cards and other savings. Definitely worth clicking a few links a day.