Friday, December 16, 2011

Peppermint Bark/ A Repost for Cheap and Easy Week

Peppermint Bark by Hilary Rondeau

(please remember that all photos are copyrighted)

I thought I would repost this recipe for those looking for more easy ideas. It is cheap and easy week here at Goosie and Boomer! My goal in this post is to show you how to make Peppermint Bark at the FRACTION of the cost of what Williams-Sonoma is offering it for this year... 1lb. $26.50 not including shipping.

I have been making this for years and we love it! I do not put the milk chocolate on the bottom because I make a marbled toasted almond bark, also. If you like, I can post those instructions as well.

What you will need for this project:

one microwave safe bowl

1 to 2 tablespoons of oil

two bags of white chocolate chips

1 box of candy canes crushed

a foil lined cookie sheet

Recipe:

Place the chips into the microwave safe bowl and add oil. Microwave at 30 sec. intervals, stirring each time until smooth.

Pour chocolate onto foil lined sheet and spread evenly.

Tap the cookie sheet on the table to remove air bubbles.

Sprinkle the candy canes over the chocolate... evenly.

Tap the cookie sheet again to set the candy canes into the chocolate.

Place in the refridgerator on a flat area for approx. 40 minutes.

Take out after 40 minutes... peel the foil away and now the fun part...

BREAK!

The point is to have radomly broken pieces! So... have fun!

I hope you find these informative and I WILL post about bows soon but it so fun to create and SAVE MONEY, too :)

No comments: