Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring, Treats, and soon to be... tea time!

















With the unusual warm days we have been experiencing, I was just ready to begin thinking of Easter and new beginnings. Goosie and Boomer have been doing their daily Lent readings and enjoying the breeze flowing through the open windows. My dear husband worked all weekend so I had been itching to make some shortbread and took advantage of the time! I can't wait to sit with some tea and enjoy the shortbread and creamy peppermint chocolate mints, too.


I miss the days of the April Cornell Outlet, too... so out came the napkin and down went the three tiered stand that I'm "holding" for my Mom... we have used it MANY times and Goosie loves the look of the colors in the glass.


The "infamous" M&M jar is now holding the Easter treats... it seems to get filled with the color of the holiday and hubby likes the treat as he passes through the living room. It seems as though St. Patrick's Day took a clear second to the Easter trimmings this year.




The dining room is ready for tea and treats with friends!





Creamy peppermint chocolate mints:


1 bag of candy melts

approx. 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil

peppermint extract to taste

favorite candy molds (found at craft stores or WalMart)

Combine all ingredients in a microwave bowl


Microwave at intervals of 30 seconds, stirring after each interval until thoroughly melted.

Fill each mold with the mixture and tap on the counter to remove air bubbles.

Place in fridge until firm and tap mold upside down on counter to remove... and COMPLETE!



The Easy Chocolate Shortbread only takes four ingredients... but a hint... I would make it a bit thicker next time I try this recipe.


I'm thinking scones next... hmmmm...













No comments: